The primary objective of the Sheep Production and Marketing Grant Program
(SPMGP) is to fund a number of projects determined by industry leaders to be priorities for benefiting the sheep industry. That list is:
1. Strengthen and enhance the production and marketing of sheep and sheep products in the United States through the improvement of infrastructure, business, resource development and the development of innovative approaches to solve long term problems.
2. Provide leadership training and education to industry stakeholders.
3. Enhance sheep and sheep products in the United States through assistance to all segments of the industry to address sustainable production and marketing of sheep and sheep products.
4. Promote marketing of sheep and sheep products through an organized method that can measure tangible results.
5. Enhance the sheep industry by coordinating information exchange and by seeking mutual understanding and marketing within the industry community.